For any questions about the Florida Crossroads Industrial Zone, please contact:
Melvin V. Lauderdale
P.O. Box 367
Archer, FL 32618
Phone: (352) 316-1164
Criteria for Qualifying as a Shovel Ready Site:
• Ownership is defined, a clear title is documented and any liens identified.
• Offer price for land is defined (by lot if price varies) along with conditions of sale.
• Site information has been prepared that includes:
• General site layout map with site boundaries, identification of adjacent owners, lot designations within the site, existence of 100-year flood plain, location of wetlands and runoff retention ponds, and other related structures.
• Zoning designation defined with details on types of acceptable uses related to industrial, warehousing, office, R&D, data centers, etc.
• Any restrictions or easements on the site, as well as in the construction of buildings, are noted and details provided.
• Site plan has been prepared and approved by local planning jurisdiction.
• Transportation access to the site has been defined including distance to interstate highway and rail access.
• Completion of geotechnical soils testing, Environmental Assessment – Phase I (utilizing ASTM standards) and other required studies such as a transportation study on areas of archaeological/historical significance.
• Utilities (water, sewer, electric power, telecom and gas) and site roads in place or installation plan with schedule for completion of installation. Note: this site does not have access to natural gas or public sewer at this time.